It’s back! We are happy to announce the 2017 IRI Talent Show!
Get your act ready. If you are a member of a competing team, or you are just showing up at the biggest summer social event in the FIRST Community, you can join in.
IRI started having the talent show in 2004. We’ve had yo-yo acts, musical groups, comedians, and even Fish Boy from FRC 1094 in 2007.
Whatever talent you have, bring it. However, we do have a few conditions:
1. Your act needs to be family friendly, rated G or PG. Young kids and grandmothers will be in the audience.
2. You must audition, either by sending us a video (youtube links work well) or by showing up at the on-site audition at 1:00 pm in the Lawrence North HS auditorium on the Friday of the event (July 14th).
3. Your act may be 1 or more people. We have a big stage.
4. Acts may be students or mentors from participating teams or event volunteers & spectators.
5. Acts are limited to THREE MINUTES IN LENGTH, unless the Audition Judges determine that a longer time is needed for you to complete the act. We are serious about this. You may be asked to make your act shorter if your audition lasts too long.
6. Registration: Send an email to “andybaker45 – at – gmail.com“.
- Your name
- Your team number
- Contact email
- Contact cell phone
- Name of your act
- How many microphones are needed?
- Do you have a video link of a past performance?
- Briefly describe your act
- Any special needs (music equipment, etc .)
Your act will need to be reviewed and approved. Please do not assume it will be approved. We have saved some acts from themselves in the past. If you want to be approved, get yourselves organized, practice, and follow the above rules.
Event time: Friday night, 7:00 – 8:30 PM (July 14th)
All acts must audition, be approved and be selected in order to participate. We will be targeting at least 12 but no more than 18 acts.
Event Location: Auditorium at Lawrence North HS
Judging: A panel of judges crown the IRI Talent Show Champion. These judges will be commenting to the crowd during the acts.
Prize: A $100 cash prize will be provided to the judged winner